Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The beginning...

So, I've FINALLY started a blog - kinda like I finally got a DVR last month. The hope is to take you on Greyhound travels with my boy Smokey - as well as hounds we foster or babysit. And I will include the rescue group where I am a Board Member - Hickory Hill K-9 Rescue out of Ashland, Virginia. I'm at work, so the fun will begin when I get home and can start posting some pictures. The picture you see here is Smokey and my defiant male kitty, Butler. Butler is a Hurricane Katrina survivor - he was my one and only feline foster failure. He is a little runt - weighs all of about 6 lbs., but when I have a foster he refuses to give up any of his territory. Little does he know that he is the greatest cat tester in the world! For those who have been following the journey of Skiddy Urban, he is at my house until his adoption this Friday - yay!!!!!! And oh do we love him! If we were going to adopt another hound, hands down he would be the one! He needed a couple of days to learn that the kitty cats are to be left alone, but now he is totally fine with them. I will be posting pictures very soon...

1 comment:

  1. Yay Smokey! Welcome to the internet!

    Hopefully I'll get my Skiddy Urban post on tonight (I'm a bit behind in my blogging)

    ReplyDelete