Monday, October 11, 2010

Of Hounds and Harleys

So where in the heck have Smokey and I been? You know how life gets in the way - and I say that with a happy heart. I'm a very blessed person - my life is amazing - God has given me the mindset to make good decisions. But I digress. So, on September 11th and 12th, a good friend of mine and myself took the 2 day motorcycle safety course. HARD!!!! If you've never ridden a motorcycle before, good Lord, there is alot going on! I came in second in my class and received my license that day. The hubs was brave enough to let me practice on his Harley, and I realized, I WANTED his Harley :) So, 2 weeks later we bought a second bike and we've been riding together ever since. Aren't they beautiful?!??!?!?!? And of course we need to give Smokey some picture time! He is looking for those pesky little squirrels. And this is Jacey - my last foster. A bounce back. I always find it interesting that I never see the behavior that they were bounced back for. If I were in the market for another houndie, ooooooo, I would have snatched her up!
We head to California next week - to see the family. Then party time in Vegas! I promise to keep everyone much more updated in the future :)

2 comments:

  1. Two Harley's in two weeks. That's awesome! I rarely see the bad behavior on bouncebacks either. I think they were just acting out b/c they weren't happy there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on passing the test! And on your new ride! I took the class in 2005. No Harley for me, but I loved my '96 Honda Shadow. :) It was a great starter bike. Have fun on your future rides!

    ReplyDelete